Demon Slayer

I grew up watching anime and reading manga. I took a break from it though for a couple of years after coming to college, because I didn't have much time to watch with subs. However, at the beginning of this semester I really fell back in love with it again with Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba (KnY)). I walked in on my roommate watching in, and the animation was absolutely stunning. I would put it at the top of my list for best animated anime, personally. Anyways, we watched it together while it was releasing, and the first season ended nicely, and they announced a movie. I was pretty impatient though, so I read the whole thing, and caught up with everything in pretty much one day (this week). I read pretty slow, so it took me all of Saturday to finish it, but oh my GOODNESS so much stuff happened in it. I highly recommend watching/reading it if you haven't already. It is so wonderful, and the characters and their developments are fantastic. It really succeeds in making the mean and unlikable characters, relatable and human. KnY also doesn't shy away from major character deaths (I won't say who dies incase you want to get into it) like most shounen anime/mangas do. They don't feel unnecessary either. All the deaths have felt natural to what was going on in the story (although they were all very, VERY sad), and were also very respectful to the characters. Anyways, KnY is a beautiful example of quality anime, with brilliant artwork, and a wonderful story to match.

(((((((Please watch it)))))))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground Comics

Understanding Comics

Tale of One Bad Rat