Fun Home

I originally read Fun Home in my Lit and Media class last year. It's a very interesting dive into another memoir. One thing of note that I found interesting, was the choice to produce the comic in a monochromatic blue color palette. It is still with only basic shading, and would have been almost exactly the same if released in the normal black and white, however the blue makes it stand out more. I also feel that it provides the narrative with a calmer tone because of the calm color. I'm not talking about the actual story, as much as I am talking about how the author's voice came across. Another element that I really appreciated was how the panel boxes weren't straight, and instead they were more organic. This visual effect makes the book feel more personal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground Comics

Understanding Comics

Tale of One Bad Rat